Music, knitting and some in-jokes only three people in the world understand...
Monday, September 23
I felt it was necessary to post today--even though I have an upper respiratory infection--in order to prove my detractor wrong (she knows who she is! :>). I'm lucky that it hasn't affected my larynx. No, actually, that's because of all the hard work I've been doing to prevent this thing from creeping down from my sinuses. Lots of water, lots of rest, and honey and juice. (Sorry, Dr. Atkins, but I know what to do when I get sinus symptoms.) So anyway, I had a good weekend despite it all. Friday night we had a really nice (and expensive!) dinner with Mark's boss and his wife. Mark, of course, downplayed the dressiness of the event, so I didn't even know I was underdressed until I saw him put on his blazer--at which point it was too late. Well, nobody said anything, anyway. Saturday we went to this new mall in North Raleigh (can you believe there are 5 or 6 HUGE malls within 8 miles of Mark's house? And I'm not even counting the strip malls), and Sunday we went to BB&B, where we finally found a black duvet cover for Mark's futon. I bought some floor pillows, so when I have people over there's something to sit on. (I am prospectively hosting some sort of party on October 10th--the day before Fall Break. Wish me luck.) Anyway, I have to go home and have soup and take a nap (can you believe I have choral rehearsal tonight from 7:30-10? RIDICULOUS!), but maybe I can write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment