Tuesday, June 29

We have picked a date: Saturday, May 7, 2005 at 2 PM. Hopefully that won't interfere with the high school reunion. ;) It will be at the church we didn't originally want, but we are satisfied, and it's probably better this way anyway. And the reception will be in the city council chambers/ballroom. Very pretty, right downtown, newly renovated. Next week we'll be meeting with our two caterer choices, and hopefully a decision about that will be made soon. Then we can relax a little bit. The dress situation is actually the least stressful thing of everything. A few weeks ago I went to this renowned bridal outlet and tried on a few dresses, just for fun. Alone, so there was no pressure. It was kind of fun. There was one I really liked, but for some reason I can't find the style number on the company's website. Anyway, I guess I'll be doing the big trip in September or so. But now my grandmother has offered her dress--fifty years old this fall--which would need to be restored (and might not even fit), but it would be pretty cool. Plus she said I could do whatever I wanted to the sleeves, neckline, etc., and she wouldn't be offended--and it wouldn't hurt her at all either if I decided against wearing it. So it's good to have that option. Bridesmaids: probably going with David's Bridal so y'all can get different dresses all in the same color/s. Haven't decided on the color yet--possibly periwinkle or lavender--but we have time to work on that.

Relations with my mother have gone surprisingly well since the engagement. At one point I said to Mark that I hoped the wedding-planning experience would bring my mother and I closer together. I suppose we can bond over swatches or something. There have been a few times where I've tried to get her off the phone lately, but mostly because she was talking about money and my employment prospects. I've sent off about eight resumes for part-time jobs, and I'll just keep trying. I really need to call these music schools, but for some reason I've been dragging my feet about it. Probably just fear of rejection. Whatever. What have I really got to lose here?

No comments: