So in case you haven't heard via mass e-mail, I got the part anyway! Now I shall reveal that it is Countess Almaviva in Le nozze di Figaro. As in my dream role. As in the role my blog is named after. Remember years ago it was "contessa"? When I came back to Blogger the name was taken--by some chick who liked to write shitty poetry about butterflies, if I remember correctly--so I had to go with "crudele", what the Countess calls the Count while she's guilt-tripping him in the Act II finale. As you can see, this is a big deal for me. Yes, I F-ed up in the audition, but it must not have been as bad as I thought. Granted, the role is double-cast, and I'm in the B cast, but a friend of mine is the A-cast Countess, and she totally deserves it (I saw her audition, and she did really well, plus she's just REALLY talented), so I have no sour grapes at all. Basically I do one performance instead of two, and I probably won't get a review, but honestly I don't really care. I'm doing it, I'm putting it on my resume, and I am going to kick ass. Bring your Kleenex, because I WILL make you cry during "Dove sono". Providing I don't screw it up again. :) No, I won't.
And speaking of long-awaited things finally coming to pass, there's the reunion coming up in exactly a month. No, I won't have lost fifty pounds by then--for what, to make High School Boyfriend jealous and rue the day he let me get away?--but I think I'm doing pretty well in my life. ...I will post more thoughts on the reunion tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment