Did you know that there is a Saint Gaspar? I didn't. And he was a pretty cool guy--he ministered to the poor and the sick, plus he was a political prisoner while Rome was under Napoleonic rule. I was impressed. And all this because I Googled my brother. He doesn't come up, by the way.
I have spent ALL DAY on the computer, printing young artist applications and double-checking information. Feeling kinda organized, if I say so myself.
I know I probably shouldn't--I really want to be off-book for Figaro--but I think I'm going to re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, while I still have it out from the library. I know I haven't mentioned it here--I wouldn't want to spoil it for anybody--but it was really good, and I feel like I can't remember the other books well enough to pick up on the little contextual clues that the real hard-core Muggles do. But I did correctly guess who died. Though I do have this total nerdbomber hope that the dead person will come back--like Gandalf the Grey/White. If not, then this person should advise Harry from beyond the grave, like Obi-Wan. See? Nerdbomber. I wasn't kidding. Oh, and as for the killer, I think he was operating under orders from--but I can't say any more!
So there are going to be people living in the AstroDome? Like, for a while? Crazy. Well, it can't get much worse than New Orleans. I've never been there, but I guess I never will. :/
Hey, so is your gas $3.75 a gallon? Did it go up a dollar a gallon overnight? It did here. It's not so dire as it originally appeared--the pipeline pumps on the Gulf are back online, though at 40% capacity--but that hasn't stopped the total gouging going on. I think we're all going to have to get used to this... Mark thinks this all will head us into a recession. To which I said, "I didn't know we were OUT of the recession from 2000!" Ah, to have a Democrat in office again...
No comments:
Post a Comment