Wednesday, June 21

It's five-thirty on my day off, and despite my plans to get a lot accomplished today I really didn't. I watched two episodes of my cool knitting show (which are all reruns at the moment), finished making a present for a lucky little girl with a big birthday coming in August, finally wrote an email I should've written weeks ago, and played more than a few games of this addictive little Japanese game. I don't even really understand the object--I have no idea how to get to Level 2, if it even exists--but I do know that this game is like crack. Ugh, there's laundry to do, I have to call my aunt, I promised I would make dinner, I wanted to make more pitas (that takes four hours, though, and it gets really hot in the kitchen)... Ah, at least I can get a few of these things accomplished.

GO CANES! Sorry, haven't posted since they won.

Mark's brother and his family came down last weekend. We had a really good time--the kid is really cute, and I can tell he's a good kid, but he is really in The Naughty Phase right now. Really, there was a minimum of brattiness--it's just that he doesn't know about delayed gratification yet. My sister-in-law is having another boy in October--she was not particularly comfortable being down here in the heat, but it didn't stop her from going to the outlet mall! So I guess it's all good.

No comments: