So now I can finally say without reservation that the damned Cymbalta is out of my system. And surprisingly, I guess it did work, a little. All my senses are turned WAY up--especially my sense of smell. And I feel like an LP running on 45 again. (How long until that simile no longer means anything? Hell, I didn't even bring up the 78...) And unjustifiable rage has been a problem. My driving has even been affected, which is bad and scary. Arggh, maybe I actually DO need to be medicated. Either that or I'm turning into some hybrid between Spider-Man and the Incredible Hulk, minus the super strength or sticky excretions. ("You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...") I have been dragging my feet about taking advantage of my company's employee assistance program, but I think I really need to do this. My quality of life is seriously affected.
But speaking of superheroes, I unfortunately have found a bunch of new TV shows that I really like--and guess what, they've all been picked up, so unless I change my mind I'm going to be chained to the television four nights a week until May... I like Heroes (though it's a little gory for my taste) and Jericho (how could I resist a prime-time drama about nuclear war, even though it stars Gerald McRaney and is on CBS, of all places?). And Ugly Betty is very funny--also, Mark and I agree that 30 Rock is way better than Studio 60. So between these shows and regular viewing of my previous favorites (Gilmore Girls, House, The Office and the Fox animated shows, minus the one with the gay alien), I feel like a total couch potato. But good news! All these new shows can be viewed online at their prospective networks. Hell, we wouldn't even have to own a TV to watch. In fact, I'd probably be better off watching on the internet--plus the commercials are shorter.
And speaking of watching video on the internet, this is absolutely fantastic. I wasn't too impressed with the guy's Steven Tyler (and we all know that I do a much better Aaron Neville impression), but his Dennis DeYoung and Jon Bon Jovi and Andrea Bocelli...well, just watch it.
Last thing: this is the hottest picture I've seen in a long time.

Find an explanation here. Thank you, AV Club!
Before I forget: my sister-in-law had her baby on Monday! For some reason Blogger's not letting me upload the picture. I'll try again later.
1 comment:
I know there are a lot of pros and cons to taking meds, but if your quality of life is being affected (and it sounds like it is), then it's probably a good idea. Most other antidepressants don't have the horrible withdrawal symptoms that Cymbalta does. Have you ever been on a traditional SSRI (prozac, paxil, zoloft, wellbutrin, etc)? For me, Cymbalta had the effect of both upping my energy levels and calming my anxieties... so it had both an up and down effect. It sounds like you just need a "down" effect, which is what traditional SSRIs did for me... if this is making any sense.
One of the most important things for me in finding the right medication was finding a psychiatrist (NOT a general practitioner!!!) who really listened to me.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do. :-)
Post a Comment