I'm feeling segue-impaired right now, so I think I'll just make a list:
1. The thing with Mark's brother is on its way to being resolved. Mark believes his brother was purposely being nasty to him because of various abandonment issues, but their relationship is going to be better. This does not change the fact that his gross toes touched my plant. I'm willing to let him improve his standing with me, but my little cactus is not so quick to forgive.
2. About a month ago I heard about Pandora--I've been listening to it every day at work. It's an easy way to learn about different bands similar to what you already like, and the caveats I'd heard about it selecting things you hate--well, that can happen, but you just say you don't like it. I started a station with the Foo Fighters, and the second song it picked for me was Audioslave. Umm, no. But it learns quickly.
3. Six years ago today Mark and I had our first date. It was at a nice restaurant, and the food was decent but we had lousy service and never went back there. Dawson's Creek was filming up the street, so after dinner we walked over to the set but didn't see anything interesting. I was so nervous--I understand why, I guess, but it seems so silly now to have been nervous. I bet he was more nervous than I was, honestly.
4. Saturday will mark my mezzo debut, at the same competition I did this time last year and was so pissed about. The judges are better this year--maybe they'll actually have something valuable to say this time! I'm so new to this rep that I really can't expect anything. That and, as I mentioned last year, nobody over 25 ever advances. Hell, I'd be happier with the $400 consolation prize. I've taken tomorrow off work so I can concentrate on dramatic stuff, so I think I'll feel relatively prepared (considering I learned four of the five arias less than two months ago).
5. If you are yet unaware of the cat macro phenomenon, you haven't yet lived. I am addicted to these things now!
1 comment:
I think it's sweet that you and Mark were both nervous on your first date. Maybe it means you knew you were on to something big. :)
Post a Comment