Wednesday, February 13

Feh. I'm kind of angry at myself right now. A certain acquaintance of mine was on the panel for a competition I applied for (they recused themself when they recognized my voice), and they basically said I would've made the finals if not for the crappy quality of my recording. That basically, it didn't show off any of the exciting, nice qualities my voice has. Now, I am very grateful to this person for telling me this, but I'm pissed that it took so long for me to realize. I was pretty sure that I missed out on a few auditions this year because of the recording, but this confirms it. I'm just really pissed at myself. I should know better by now. So there's an Edirol I'm watching on eBay, which will definitely give me better sound quality. But the biggest problem is that I CANNOT record in a small room. It just won't work for my voice. But I insist anyway. Stupid!

Eck. There is knitting to post, but I'll do that later when the pics are ready. But I will say that I frogged the cardi (bo-ring) and am making another, cuter one (granted, I'm mired in stockinette on that one right now, too...). And I've been crocheting a bit...

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Oh, that sucks. I'm glad that person told you, though. I'm sure it answers some questions for you!

nuttnbunny said...

So... here's to future success!! :-)