
The famous Drops jacket. The ladies at my SnB think it looks okay in the back. I think I need to live with it a bit.

Here are the socks I made for Rebecca. They fit me perfectly, which means they may be a bit small on her. I really ought to have made these on smaller needles, with a few more repeats per round. They do look like little cables (pattern here), which was the point. I hope she likes them.

Speaking of socks...these are secret socks! Shh! They're for Mark, for our anniversary, and I'm proud to say I didn't pay a single cent for any of the yarn (the tan is Lang Jawoll I picked up in the Karma Yarn Swap forum on Ravelry, and the blue striped was a donation from a girl in my SnB). I only hope they fit him--I keep surreptitiously comparing them to other socks he has, and they seem to be okay so far. I'm using Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock pattern, but I'll do some ribbing on the leg to accommodate Mark's shapely calves.
And the project Mark knows about: more lace, hooray!

The pattern is fittingly called Wabenschal (Honeycomb Shawl), and I'm using the Araucania Atacama I got from my SP11 partner. I'm so glad I was finally able to find a good pattern for this yarn--it's 100% alpaca, and quite nice to work with. I especially love the pink flecks. I think it'll be even prettier once I block it.
Mark and I invited my parents for Easter tomorrow. We're having salmon, which leaves us more time to clean the house. That situation is a bit dire, sad to say...
No comments:
Post a Comment