Tuesday, May 6

I have been to four or five thrift shops, and I have yet to find an appropriate victim for a DIY trapeze dress. What I'm looking for is apparently called a "duster", which is what your grandma wears around the house. At least I know mine does, and I have half a mind to ask her to send me down some of her old ones, since it won't matter that she's crazy short. They do sell them at Kmart, but that would defeat the purpose. I'm trying to recycle... Though it may come to that. Mark is skeptical, but that is what he does best, after all...

So remember my pretty indigo cotton, that was going to be a Nereides? Well, I changed my mind.


Pardon the crappy photo...this is going to be another Drops cardigan, this time in crocheted squares. At my gauge it will take 34 squares, and I have three done. We're leaving for Denver tomorrow morning (for my infamous BIL's graduation), and this should be a good traveling project. I'm also bringing supplies for Twinkle Toes, since I can use my plastic size 5 dpns. Have I mentioned my intense loathing and distrust of the TSA? Better safe than sorry, I say... In other knitting news, I am nearly done with the first of Cathy's awesome socks, and have finished the body of my Valpuri. I'm still afraid of running out of yarn, so I'm eliminating the cables from the sleeves--which should also make it go faster.

In non-crafting news, our primary is today! And it's been a total zoo. Several Robo-calls a day. And I was half expecting Chelsea Clinton to come knocking on our door. If this is anything like what our friends in New Hampshire and Iowa have to deal with, you have my utmost sympathies... Mark and I voted early, so we've been so done with all this for over a week, which makes all the hoopla even more annoying. It will be done soon, I hope...

No singing news, I'm afraid, except that my audition in Asheville is in less than two weeks. I have a character aria prepared in case they want to hear it. I have a feeling they will.

No comments: