We're in the home stretch for the show. Every production has its annoying little issues, and this one is no exception--but things are working out pretty well. I'm actually off tonight (!), and Tuesday we'll be in the theater, with costumes. Miracle of miracles, I will actually have a somewhat flattering and comfortable costume for this show. In that it will show off my best assets (ahem), yet does not require special undergarments (hurrah!). See, I'm supposed to be a big-time floozy. I do have political problems with this show--stereotypical portrayal of an ethnic group that's always being stereotyped, plus some big time angel/whore stuff!--but I have political problems with just about every opera. Except Tosca. Sexual predator gets stabbed! Questo è il bacio di Tosca, indeed. (It's the one soprano role I really wanted to sing...that and Donna Elvira--who also threatens to cut a rapist, coincidentally--and maybe Brünnhilde.)
Interesting thing I've noticed in this show: I think it's easier to fool around onstage with somebody you don't know too well. I know my onstage lover pretty well--we've done a number of shows together--and it's kind of strange. And last night I was told I needed to up the ante a bit. Nice. I have a few ideas I'm working through. I will try not to offend the somewhat sensitive boo (rightfully so, considering the less-than-stellar track record I have here--granted, this is a very different situation), and also try not to make the other singer uncomfortable. Uh, wish me luck.
I have no pictures, but the hoodie is super fast. I'm more than halfway through the second sleeve, then I'll work the yoke and hood--and I'll be done! It probably won't be done for my trip to Boston this time next week, but certainly soon after.
1 comment:
Oooh Boston! Are you coming up for fun or work?
Post a Comment