Monday, August 23

Since I've been so remiss lately, I'm going to plan to write something every Friday, starting this Friday. But in the meantime:

* Dress rehearsal for the recital is tonight! Everything should go fine, if I can remember the third verse of that first Bolcom song... I've already had a recital-related nightmare, where I ran so late that an Up With People-Style Def Leppard revue went on in my place. They were singing "Rock It", and jazz hands were involved.

* The Chicago trip was great--one of these days we'll get the pictures online and I'll link to it.

* I never posted a picture to my Tomato:


I look a little like Wonder Woman there... I really like the way it fits (I certainly customized the pattern), but I haven't worn it more than once or twice since it's been such a hot summer. Inspired by how well this turned out, I decided to finally bite the bullet and design my own sweater, with some Berocco Cotton Twist I got from a friend. The yarn looks and feels nice knitted up, but is extremely unpleasant to work with. Also, I am on my fourth try. It's harder than it looks! I think I'll mainly stick with heavily modifying other people's patterns, thanks.

*Right now I am trying to finish hemming my dress for Sunday (which incidentally is also my bridesmaid's dress for my brother's wedding next month). The chiffon overskirt has a 20-foot hem. I may need to do it by hand, Lord help me...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

"I look a little like Wonder Woman there..."

---> You could join the conference! http://inprofessorialfashion.blogspot.com/2010/08/call-for-poses-wonder-woman-pose.html