
(Welsh Blanket from the Fall 2009 Debbie Bliss magazine), and finished a few other things, including my chullo:

This hat makes me a little angry. It looks great folded on the table, but is perhaps a bit too whimsical for me. The main problem, though, is that it's not warm enough to wear when it's below freezing. Which is when most people want to wear hats. I'll probably get some use out of it this month (after which I won't need a hat!), but I've only worn it once so far. Grr.
Speaking of being unmotivated, this includes singing. I have been a total slacker, mainly because it's not like I have upcoming gigs... I did get suckered into an ugly situation last month (the first time I've sung for free in four years, and it was under false pretenses!), which went well but I was quite glad when it was over. I am supposed to be learning some new stuff to run with my coach at the end of the month, but I'm not too worried. And I've been able to schedule a recording session this weekend! My recordings are really, really old now, and the sound quality is terrible. At least I can put something nice up to tide my four fans (LOL) over while I'm on baby hiatus, and if I decide to try to do some auditions next winter I'll have the recordings already prepared. It's only two arias, and they're nice and low.
Minor pregnancy note: it is a rather unreal experience when the guy you lost your virginity to (yuck, I am cringing at the archaism!) congratulates you on your pregnancy on Facebook. I have no problem with him at all--we parted on good terms, a million years ago, and he's a good person. It's just kind of weird, because, well, he's been there, you know?
2 comments:
Re: last paragraph -- whoah, wow, weeeeird! I didn't know he was even on.
(p.s. My captcha is "wootiger," which should so be a word.)
Your captcha wins the Internet.
Yeah, he's not on FB very often. He's a lawyer working in Manhattan, and he got married not too long ago. And she's a Star Trek fan! :)
Post a Comment