Wednesday, February 17

Still Missin' Bowie

My brief hiatus has as much to do with being busy (two colds, performance, sewing the dress for said performance!) as with the sorry state of Blogger when it comes to smartphones. The app sucks if you want to do anything besides enter text, and Safari is not fully compatible--and while desktop YouTube has a Blogger button, the app does not. You would think Google would want to have connectivity among its own products... But I guess we're stuck in 2005 here.

Anyway, David Bowie died, and I'm still bummed about it.


I was never a #1 Bowie Fan, but I always respected the hell out of what he did. (I also cannot dispute the powerful effect of Jareth the Goblin King. That wig! Those pants!!)  I've been enjoying some deeper cuts that don't get much airplay, even on AOR. For example, how was this not my absolute favorite song in high school?!  I listened to WNEW and everything! Scandalous.

So Rosina is officially registered for kindergarten. I have no clue how she is almost five already. We applied for a few magnet schools--specifically this really cool engineering magnet!--but she is currently assigned to her very good base school, and wait-listed for the other. They do another magnet round in April, so we will hold out until then. Only six months away! :O

After a quick flurry of Lopi mittens for Mark and Rosina, I have started a fingering-weight cardigan for myself. (Another one?!) I couldn't find exactly what I wanted--top-down, with a circular yoke in garter stripes and the rest in stockinette--and I wasn't going to pay for a pattern that didn't meet my parameters, so I'm basing it loosely on this. The main yarn is Louet Gems Fingering in burgundy, and the contrast is some lovely peachy-orange Ella Rae Lace Merino. Working from stash, yo...

No comments: