Monday, May 9

They grow up so fast...

This video is cool for a lot of reasons--and altruistic as this sort of thing goes, since it sounds unforced and is not a hot mess of showboating old men trying to sing/play over each other--but check out the kid in the background. Is that George Harrison's son, or possibly his clone? Whoa. Regardless, Prince's solos are so great, so stay tuned. He is making that hat WORK. 


(Speaking of music, I may have been conceived while "Afternoon Delight" was the #1 song in America. I doubt that's what my parents were listening to, but it is indeed troubling.)

Regarding my own little clone: she's turning FIVE this weekend. ("Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars was the #1 song when she was conceived.  At least it's not a novelty song! And no, TMI, the radio was off.) I am not sure how we've reached this point. She's a little unsettled herself by all the changes happening in the next few months: she's been at the same place for school and camp for two years, and in September she'll be going to a completely new place where she doesn't know anyone. (She's going to a STEM magnet school, not the base school, but none of her friends live in our neighborhood anyway.) We know she will do great, and that realizing how big the world is is just a part of growing up, but she's been clingier lately because of it, and it does make me feel for her.

On a happy note, look what she gave me for Mother's Day! This is why we keep them around...


Actual Knitting Content: the fingering weight, top-down, garter-striped circular yoke cardigan I've pastiched is nearing the home stretch. There may actually be pictures once I finish the second sleeve.

1 comment:

Nik said...

That kid looks exactly like his daddy.