Saturday, June 25

Zucchini, I promise you this:

Appropriate because we just bought a ton of produce:



This was of my favorite commercials as a kid.  It is funnier now that I actually know the original song. Also, is this when freezer bags came out? How odd that a product I use every day hasn't been around forever... 🤓

In other news, have you heard about the Volkswagen drama? We've been kind of in limbo since September, with a series of rumors floating around, but it looks like we'll know more on Tuesday.  Since we were all pretty much lied to, and the Magic Snowflake Fuel-Efficient Automatic with Cargo Space doesn't really exist, we've basically decided on replacing the Sportwagen with a CRV. Everyone we know who's ever had one has loved it, they last forever, reliability, etc. The 2015 models get about 33 highway, which isn't as good as I was hoping for, and I dislike having to get an SUV (I do put my foot down about minivans; I was willing to do a station wagon, but I have my limits), but it has more cargo room (note this is for Mark, who does actually haul things in the Jetta) and is waaay cheaper in the long run than the runner-up, the Prius V. (We also chose the Jetta over it back in 2013, for the same reasons.) Ideally we'd like the auto swap process to be a net-zero situation, but we may end up with a very tiny loan, depending on how much cash back we can get.  

No comments: