Well, as you may know, we had a bad snow/ice storm here last Wednesday. I was without power (including heat!) for about 40 hours, but luckily it came back on early Saturday at 3:30 AM. It seems that everybody has their horror stories about getting stuck in the ice or spinning out. The main problem was the ice. It took down so many trees. There are still closed roads, and over a million people were without power in North Carolina alone. Mark is still without power. And the other ice-related problem is that these people are just not equipped to handle it--very little sanding/salting has occured on all but the major roads. My car slid about 45 degrees this morning trying to pull out of my complex. That pisses me off! It's on an incline, and isn't particularly safe even when it isn't iced over. Anyway, I could go on for pages about how I spent Thursday (but I won't because it'll just irritate me). So things are pretty much back to normal here. And I was able to return my rental--albeit during the storm.
On another note, this morning I went to the health center and finally was prescribed Prevacid for my acid reflux. Unfortunately it cost over $100 a month--for two months--and I don't have health insurance. And this is the cheapest one out there. But I really need to heal, so it's definitely worth it. I just wish I had the money to afford this...
Today is the last day of classes (I'm actually skipping my last French class right now), and tomorrow at 5 PM is my jury time. I have my French final Wednesday at noon, my choir is recording something Thursday, and I have to sing for my opera workshop on Friday afternoon. After that--I'm outty! I'm driving directly to Mark's, complete with all my dirty laundry, and we leave for Buffalo on Monday morning. (Erik: I will call you within the next few days with the details.) I'm getting excited now. But I still have that jury to contend with...
Helen: Where's that damn baby, already?! :) I had my phone on Vibrate and everything! Best of luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment