The Friday Five --way late!
1. Name one song you hate to admit you like.
I used to kind of like "Sk8r Boi" by Avril Lavigne. That is, until she pronounced David Bowie's name wrong that time, which proved her to be a totally manufactured poseur/loser. :) So I guess I'll say "Work It" by Missy Elliot. Or maybe that Jordan Knight song from a few summers back.....
2. Name two songs that always make you cry.
There aren't really any, but I've used "What it Takes" by Aerosmith and "Hey Jupiter" by Tori Amos as breakup songs (in the LONG and distant past), so they used to make me cry.
3. Name three songs that turn you on.
"Smooth" by Carlos Santana featuring Rob Thomas (see previous entry on Matchbox 20), "Victim of Love" by the Eagles, and "Moondance" by Van Morrison. I think I'm more attracted to rhythms than words...
4. Name four songs that always make you feel good.
"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf, "Hard to Handle" by The Black Crowes, "Heartbreaker" by Led Zeppelin (it's that guitar solo!), and "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" by Boston. (Whee!)
5. Name five songs you couldn't ever do without.
"Cloud Blood" by Ani DiFranco, "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" by Journey (did you see that time when Sale' and Pelletier skated to it? It was SOOOO Canadian and cute!), "Yesterday" by The Beatles (I like the string arrangement), "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones, and "Love to Love You, Baby" by Donna Summer (the 12-inch Orgasm Mix).
Funny stuff. I stuck to popular music for your benefit, and tried to vary my entries. No repeat groups, right? :) Unless you're one of those people that think Boston and Journey are the same band. I also included Aerosmith AND The Stones AND The Black Crowes, whom critics used to say were all the same stuff--I disagree!
Busy week. I did my opera presentation on less than two hours of sleep--it's over!--and will do some very minor revisions to my dance paper before handing it in tomorrow. Tomorrow I have my last lesson and sing in rep, then I'm singing in a recital Tuesday. My jury is Wednesday and my audition for the fall opera is Thursday night (after my dance presentation/demonstration). We're doing Little Women, this opera written in 1998 which will be making its N.C. premiere here, in November. I'm hoping for the role of Beth, the invalid who gets to die onstage (I think)! At least it's my voice part. But who am I kidding? I'd probably be happy with any part that actually has a NAME. So yeah, busy. Plus I have to miss my meeting tomorrow (concert I have to go to), so I may struggle a bit. But I'll do my best, and at least I'll get to see Mark on Thursday night (probably after midnight!). Must go to the bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment