I’m working right now, doing this surreptitiously because I don’t think I’ll have time before next Tuesday afternoon. It’s not like I have anything else really pressing to do—I’m working all day because my supervisor is out of town, and I’m keeping busy by cleaning up two unoccupied offices which have slowly accrued dozens of sets of blueprints and plans. (This is what happens when men are left to their own devices—nothing gets put away! Though I shouldn’t talk…)
Hope everyone is doing well. The weather here has been kind of bad—it’s been raining for a week straight, and we’re lucky if it gets above 60 degrees. I guess that’s better than 90 degrees and 80% humidity.
I’ve been laying kind of low this week—to my own detriment. I didn’t go to my meeting this week, which was a huge mistake considering the state I’ve been in lately. I didn’t work out this week either, so I’m feeling kind of low in general. I talked to Mark about it last night, and I think he can help me. What I really need is a sponsor, but I just haven’t met anybody yet who I think really wants to do this for me. I guess… I feel like being somebody’s sponsor is just a HUGE undertaking, and I don’t want to burden anybody with it. That’s probably the wrong attitude, but it’s how I’m feeling right now. I’m sure I’ll change my mind, but that’s the space I’m in right now.
On a lighter note, here’s a very fun Friday Five:
1. What brand of toothpaste do you use?
Tom’s of Maine—I used to use Cinnamint religiously, but currently I’m using Gingermint with baking soda. I LOVE this toothpaste—even if I have to pay over $5 a tube. I’m only one person—a tube lasts me over six months. And Mark refuses to use it. J
2. What brand of toilet paper do you prefer?
Seventh Generation—the 100-sheet kind. I really dislike that quilty-type TP—I always feel linty after I use it.
3. What brand(s) of shoes do you wear?
Whatever fits! My good sneakers (i.e. the ones used for athletic purposes—I have a cheapy pair from Target, but they’re only good for walking) are Adidas, but not for any brand purposes.
4. What brand of soda do you drink?
I am a recent convert to Coca-Cola Classic. No Pepsi! Plus I like Dr. Pepper a lot. But I’m not really too into soda—I usually drink seltzer or water.
5. What brand of gum do you chew?
Alas, I cannot chew gum (TMJ disorder)—but I used to like cinnamon Trident a LOT.
P.S. Check out this website about the flavor industry—it’s topical considering questions 4 and 5, and also ties in with Helen’s recent blogs…
No comments:
Post a Comment