Thursday, July 31

If only the Canadians had learned from our evil example...

Once again, I am at work with not much to do. The office is empty about half the time, so I try to save what little busywork I have for when someone is here, to give the illusion that I'm actually accomplishing something. I certainly can't complain--I'm currently being paid (rather well) to read Little Women (assigned by my director) and practice writing "Schreiner" in cursive, just so they can have somebody answer the phone and give out the project managers' cell phone numbers. Yesterday was kind of crappy--not only did I run out of binder divider tabs (having used all 20 packs I just ordered last week), but the IT guy (who seems to embody the word "capricious") came from the main office at about three, and left with my computer! So not I'm at a desk which is not mine, on a computer which is not mine, and need to send out an e-mail without my Outlook contact folders! Alas! ;) I was pissy about it yesterday, but now I realize how ridiculously Office Space that sounds. KBO, as Churchill used to say...

The packing is going extremely slowly, probably because I will do ANYTHING if it will postpone the packing. I'm beyond goal-setting at this point. My only goal is to not have to stay up all night on Friday to pack, since Saturday is the only day of the week I can sleep in past 7:30--plus I'll have to carry all my stuff up and down stairs the next day, so I'd like to be well-rested. So here we are, another Thursday, and I once again will attempt to pack during NBC primetime programming. Hell, I should probably just put on some CDs. Yeah, I've seen all that stuff, anyway. Who would you rather pack with, Ani and Tori or Chandler and Monica? Actually, I wish I had a Monica to pack for me. Forget I asked...

I think I'll go to the ladies' room, and then get back to "work". I'm even getting bored with the Internet. :)



No comments: