Thursday, July 24

I'm feeling a little more settled into my Totally Pink webpage--still not completely satisfied, but who ever is? I'm at work, trying to keep busy. There really isn't too much for me to do at the moment. Another box of documents from 1988 to shred, some minor paperwork stuff that I'm waiting on other people's input to complete. I'm getting extremely organized--I even sorted my surplus printed address labels. I really ought to clean my desktop and the countertops in the copy room. And a certain project manager who drinks Myoplex every morning left chocolate smudges on the refrigerator door, like months ago, and they're really starting to bother me. If only I were so motivated about cleaning my own apartment.

What is that, anyway? Why does it always seem more exciting to clean up other (adult) people's messes? I really need to start packing. I have been totally dragging my feet. I have little Post-Its stuck to various walls and appliances, stating some altruistic box estimates (e.g. "Bathroom-1 box"), but they've been up for a week and have yet to really motivate me. Packing sucks!! I hate it so much. I like moving in--that is, I like to move my shit around--but I feel so damn gross about moving out. I like beginnings and hate endings--how does that make me different from any other person? Regardless, I have to get my ass on the ball already! So my goals for tonight are: take down the posters, go through the closet and pick out anything that will NEVER FIT AGAIN (more on that to follow), and box up my bathroom accoutrements. There. Now y'all better hold me to this. There had better be ramifications if I don't get this stuff taken care of tonight. What else is there to do during Must See TV? ;)

(What's the deal with "Must See TV", anyway? How crass is that marketing campaign? And how ironic is it that I began this sidebar with a decidedly Seinfeldian remark?!)

So, speaking of clothes that will NEVER FIT AGAIN...I'm just getting rather disgusted with myself food-wise. And it's not like there have been any hardcore binges--though there was a particular incident with a nearly-empty jar of peanut butter. I just haven't been eating right at all. I mean, true, I've definitely been consciously getting vegetables in, but never without BUTTER. And I've certainly been overeating at meals--particularly by either cooking or buying food for two meals but eating it all anyway. Plus I've been skipping breakfast, which I NEVER do. I haven't been to a meeting since before I went to Minneapolis--this Monday I had a party to help arrange, and last Monday was the day after I got back--therefore I must attend next week if it KILLS me. I really have to get my shit together. Yeah, maybe living with other people will help me, but that's only a band-aid over my real problems. My "fat clothes" are getting too tight, and my "skinny clothes" are from 1998, i.e. somewhat out of style (brown corduroy flares, pleated khakis--gross!)--why am I holding on to these things?! So they're going to Goodwill--all of them except this really cute dress from Old Navy that I bought on sale in 2000 but never wore. Oh, and some black pants from Target that still have the tags on.

Do I ever have issues! It's a wonder I can get out of bed in the morning. ;)

On a lighter note, this alter-ego generator is totally cool. I'll post mine as soon as I figure out how. (Perhaps with help from Ofoto?)

And also: while I was in Minneapolis I inexplicably started doing this impression of Sean Connery. It consists of, "I'm Sean Connery. Take off your top," rendered through a clenched jaw, artificially lowered larynx and high palate. (Singerese! I've taken off the gloves.) I'm pretty impressed with myself, and aim to stretch my repertoire to include, "Bond. James Bond," any of several quotes from my favorite Spielberg movie, and perhaps some bits from the Jeopardy! sketches from Saturday Night Live--which, if you haven't seen them, are HYSTERICAL. In fact, I think the impression itself probably came about during a discussion of one of the sketches. ("Anal bum cover" became a group joke, for some reason.)

All this talk about Sean Connery has cheered me up. Yay.

p.s. I just discovered that the new version of Blogger tells you when there's a problem with your code. Doesn't that kick ass?


No comments: