I have break from my rehearsal, and I just wanted to say hello. Things are pretty good. I like my cast a lot, and I think we're all going to have a really great experience. Lots of talent and good people!
In other good news--it looks like I have an accompanist for next semester! And he's very good. I'm actually looking forward to this semester!
I don't know if I mentioned it, but when we were up in Minneapolis, Elena told me, "You are so different here than at school!" And I was--I was relaxed, enthusiastic and social (whereas here I was tired, cranky and generally stressed out). Even when I got sick, I was always ready to jump in and do something new. I really valued her telling me that, and need to figure out what made the difference. Granted, I think part of it was being in a 100% supportive environment (which I don't necessarily feel like I have here--I mean, they grade you). But I need to capture that feeling, and run with it. You know, I didn't binge at all while I was up there. Partly because I was running around crazy all the time, and outside of the practice room I was never really alone for very long, but still... I didn't really feel the need to do it. And then I get back down here, and all the old habits start creeping back. It is so important for me to start going to meetings again (albeit alone--Vanessa had a run-in with one of the other women...LONG STORY). Maybe I need to treat it as a class--something I do for a grade, that requires attendance and homework. And I think once I get a sponsor (MUST do this) I'll do better. Anyway, it's really important to me to change the way I react to life. Turn lemons into lemonade. Let a smile be my umbrella. Fake it 'till you make it. All that aphoristic shit.
Must practice. I hope those of you without power are doing well. Then again, you can't exactly read this then, can you? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment