Just a few notes...
I went to the meeting last night. I didn't say much, but it was really good to be back. Tonight I'm going to create a Plan of Eating and everything. I also found out that there's a Thursday night meeting over in the next town that's up and running, and I plan on attending that as well. I need all the help I can get!
Today I had my first modern dance class. I was glad to see I'm not the only one who kept starting on the wrong foot and stuff. I think it will be a really good experience for me.
We're going to Wilmington this weekend (well, from Friday afternoon to Saturday night, anyway), and I may actually get to see Sara, my old voice teacher! I haven't seen her in over a year--and since then she's left her husband and got certified in music education. A crazy year, I'm sure. I can't wait to see her, actually. We're also having dinner with Amanda and Darrell (Amanda introduced me to Mark), who I found out last night are trying to have a baby. So exciting! And with Mark's sister-in-law due Friday, and two of his friends' wives due in October, we are about to be surrounded in babyness. Better them than me, I always say. :)
In bone marrow news: Isn't that an odd thing to say? Anyway, I called the woman back, and apparently the test they need to do is one they didn't do seven years ago. The results would take eight weeks to get back, and there's only a 10% chance that I'd be a match at that point. Then they do a confirming test, which has a 25% chance of working out. After that they start talking about donations. So right now I have about a 2.5% chance of being a match for this person (a 19-year-old male, I found out). The next step is for the office in Rochester to transfer my information down here (she wasn't sure what city I'd need to go to) so they can take over and make arrangements with me. It's heady stuff.
Oh, and yes, Cathy, there was a picture of me with a needle in my arm in pipedream. I cut it out of the paper and I still have it. Ironically, there are pictures of Dan Minucci and Lindsay Baloga (the Peg) on the other side of my picture. But they're not doing anything life-altering--they got cornered by those poll people (did they live under the Dickinson amphitheater or something?). The question had something to do with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Dan's (characteristically bizarre and smug) answer was "Children's puppet theater," and Lindsay's had something to do with making soup.
Well, that's enough about undergrad. I have to get home and work on that reading assignment...
No comments:
Post a Comment