First off, this is for Cathy:
Pink Lady
1 1/2 oz Gin
1 tsp Grenadine
1 tsp Light Cream
1 Egg white
Shake ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.
(from drinksmixer.com)
No wonder I thought it was totally nasty...
I went to the Kerry/Edwards rally on Saturday. I stood in the shade (behind one of the huge banners, actually) but it was still way too damn hot. It was about 95 degrees and humid, and I was there for about three hours. I'm glad I went, though--it was so cool to be surrounded by people who are just as fired up as you are. There were representatives from every demographic. I stood next to this middle-aged gay couple, in front of some college girls, and next to a stroller. I bought a button to hang from my rear-view mirror (next to this one), but it had to be subtle so Mark can drive my car without being accused of bias... So I got one with a ketchup bottle on it. I suppose the DNC can't be accused of copyright infringement on this one.
I like Edwards a lot. I think he's pretty sincere, and seems like a good person. I'm not totally keen on Kerry--he seems like just another Democrat talking head to me--but I think he'd do the trick. At the rally, neither of them said anything your average moderate-to-leftie couldn't agree with, but I guess that's typical. The main feeling I got out of the experience (other than total discomfort) was that they really have a chance at this thing. North Carolina may even be a battleground state. It would be nice for my vote to count for a change... :)
Oh, and by the way, I saw no evidence of a "musical guest". Maybe it was too hot for Hootie. Oh, but their campaign theme song is apparently "Johnny B. Goode". Corny!
No comments:
Post a Comment