Tuesday, July 27

I really ought to update more often.  Poet Laureate Todd is making me look bad.

Mark is in Boston this week, killing time at the convention.  It would've been cool to tag along, but he barely has time for six hours of sleep a night, let alone the Freedom Trail.  I think I would enjoy it more now than in eleventh grade.  Hey, didn't a certain person snort cocaine out of somebody's pen on that trip?  Wow, that was ten years ago...

And speaking of the old digs, Mark has this family reunion thing (he's descended from the founder of Connecticut, believe it or not) next week in Hartford, so I'll get to take him to Middletown!  I haven't been back in town in two years, so it should be interesting.  Let's see...we'll hit the mall, PBHS, Hawaii Fountain, possibly Alfonso's, maybe even The Cove Clam Bar!  I bet that place is even scarier in the daytime.  Perhaps we'll skip The Cove.  But it will be nice to show him where I grew up--I've been to Buffalo twice since I was last in Orange County.

Speaking of Orange County, you can now purchase Orange County Choppers hats and T-shirts in the malls down here.  Who knew a bunch of dysfunctional loudmouths would put us on the map? 

Also, in case you haven't heard, my mother and I did the big wedding dress shopping trip.  I for one would be happy not to go through that again.  I think we're down to two dresses, though...

I'm still seeking employment, by the way.  I temped for several days a few weeks ago (money in the bank--how novel!) and had two interviews last week, but things are moving slowly.  I think people are totally scared off by my resume, but what can I do?  I just want a part-time office job, I'm not asking for much money--and I can't hide the fact that I have a Master's degree, nor would I want to!  I think if I were in a bigger city employers would be a lot more understanding of the "day job" concept... I did just send off a resume for a voice teacher job.  Maybe that will turn into something.  That's what I really want to be doing, after all...

 

No comments: