Monday, August 16

The hurricane(s) didn't really make it here, but today's the first time since last Wednesday that it's not pouring. Now there's a HUGE poisonous-looking spider with yellow and red markings camped out on our sliding glass door. Last night I watched with horror as it immobilized a big moth. Mark needs to kill it. Generally I have no fear of spiders--they kill mosquitos, after all--but this thing is too big and too brightly colored to be benign.

The trip up north went well. We didn't spend enough time in New York (six hours!) to be able to visit anyone but my (large) family. Everybody has a huge new house up there. I don't think we saw a single trailer park while we were there. (I let Mark know that this was unusual.) The rest of the weekend was spend looking at old houses and cemetaries. I tripped getting out of a bus on Saturday morning, so I had to spend the next three days hobbling around Connecticut with a sprained ankle. My body is all out of whack from walking funny to favor it.

Have I mentioned that my beloved ten-year-old CD player finally died? I'm blaming Mark. So I have hooked up my six-year-old computer to my sixteen-year-old stereo, and am listening to The Black Crowes. Yay. I really would get a new stereo, but turntables are so expensive now...

Happy belated birthday to Margaret! Has anybody heard from her mommy? :)



No comments: