Last weekend we had our first pre-Cana meeting. It was much easier than I thought--they basically just gave us these big bubble sheets of questions to fill out (we'll go over them in our next meeting, in a month or two) and booklets with reading/prayer choices for the service. The couple from the church were thrilled that we were both Catholic--I guess things are more complicated with interfaith couples. And the cohabitation thing wasn't that big a deal. When we told them we weren't having a Mass they were a little disappointed. I think the only reason we decided not to was because of my mother's vicious anti-Catholicism. She said that having a Mass wouldn't bother her, but I assumed she wasn't telling the truth. Mark and I both want one, so maybe we should just go ahead and have one.
I had an audition Monday night for the local volunteer opera company--it went pretty well. I think my interpretation could use some work, but vocally it was good, and I got positive feedback from the auditioners. I forgot to ask when they were making decisions... My mother is making reservations for the trip to Sarasota. I e-mailed the girl from my studio who did the program last year--apparently the artistic director is quite a character. I wish I didn't have my hopes so high about this thing...
No comments:
Post a Comment