I've been a little busy. Next week I'm going to Sarasota for that audition (if there still is a Sarasota by this time next week...); my mother and I are driving down. Twelve hours in a car with my mother...wish me luck. And remind me to take my MP3 player. :)
Last week I talked to someone at a music school--hopefully I'll get to start teaching there. And I got together with some people to talk about young artist programs for next summer. Maybe I'll even get into one of them...
And Mark just got back from the convention. It was less exciting than the Democratic convention, though a certain Democratic senator did make things a little interesting. (Did you hear he all but challenged Chris Matthews to a duel? The man is bonkers.) Today is Mark's first day back at work; he seems to be acclimating well. Oh--last night we finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11. I liked it, though there wasn't anything there we didn't know already. Too bad he wasn't able to put in all the Abu Ghraib stuff and the disappearing WMD. But maybe that would've made the movie too long.
On a related note, I think Mark's going to dress up as Michael Moore for Hallowe'en--rumpled suit, unshaven, baseball cap, holding an Oscar... But what should I dress up as? We wanted our costumes to be somewhat related. The only thing I could think of would probably offend lots of people.
That reminds me...I got a part in one of the local opera company's productions. Not the part I was hoping to get--but this one will probably be more fun, and certainly less stress. And my friend S. got the part she wanted--one she's always wanted. I'm so happy for her!
The wedding planning seems to have stalled. Still waiting for David's Bridal to have another sale! But I think we're meeting with a coordinator this weekend. And there's a bridal show in October which hopefully will hook us up with a DJ. I think we're using my mother's friend's daughter for the flowers. I could care less about the flowers, honestly...
No comments:
Post a Comment