Friday, June 10

As you can see, I finally found a file I had hiding on the internet that was small enough to add to my profile. Hooray, the cartoon version of me.

Not much going on. I called a bunch of music schools the other day, sending my resume out to a few of them. One person that seemed very interested on the phone runs a "Christian" performing arts school--which at first I thought I was okay with, but apparently they want all the kids to learn "praise and worship music" (i.e that sh!t my mother listens to) and specifically singled out Disney as something they didn't want the kids working on. Hello, what else do you give a nine-year-old?! It's bad enough that they're taking voice lessons in the first place--I have a big philosophical problem with teaching voice to anybody under, say, fourteen, and would basically do more of a music "readiness" thing with younger kids--but then you want them to sing mediocre CRAP?! But honestly, my main discomfort here is that I don't know the repertoire. (And don't want to, obviously.)

Well, it's kicking me off here in the library, but everybody have a good weekend. I owe Helen a phone call! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little cartoon-person! Where'd you get it?