A quick post, to let you know that I have not disappeared...
It is a lovely overcast day in the low 60s--immensely preferable to the high 80s-plus we had been experiencing until about a week ago. I'm actually wearing a long-sleeve shirt today. Mmm, reminds me of Binghamton in May. :)
Figaro was a success, though unfortunately my cast didn't get reviewed. I just have to be content with my good job, I suppose. Now I'm working on a new project--I've been asked to sing in the opera company's outreach opera, which we will perform in different schools in November and February. It should be a lot of fun--we sing a quartet about an omelette. Really. Translated from the French. Besides that, I'm working on audition rep, and have been sending out applications weekly. I may have to be in New York for nearly a month--I won't know for a few weeks, but I'm trying to work things out logistically.
Complicating this is the good news that I finally have a steady part-time temp job. (Lots of contradictions in that last sentence!) I'm working as an editorial assistant for a scientific journal. It's mainly data entry and general office stuff, and it pays well. I can't understand a single thing in the papers I handle. Anyway, nobody at the office or the temp agency knows about my audition schedule, and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. Once I have some definite auditions scheduled, I can let everybody in on the secret. This is supposedly a temp-to-perm job, and I'd really like to go permanent. Arggh. We shall see.
1 comment:
"I can't understand a single thing in the papers I handle."
Dude, welcome to my world. :)
Congratulations on the job!
Post a Comment