Sunday, November 13

I'm up in New York, safe and sound despite some really crabby people on my connecting flight from Atlanta. My audition is on Tuesday, and I'm starting to get nervous. What crazy performance anxiety I've had lately! The other day a friend loaned me a book about the mental side of performing that I mean to read tomorrow among my other tasks (mark up music for pianist, watch tape of lesson, practice, go over staging, etc).

In other news, the surprise party for my grandparents is apparently still a surprise, though Jeff almost blew it this afternoon. My brothers are such dimwits sometimes! Oh, by the way, I saw the mother and sister of a certain crazy, twice- (or thrice-?) married high school friend of ours at the grocery store today. The mother looked the same, if older; the sister has certainly lost close to a hundred pounds since I last saw her. I went unrecognized; I barely recognized them, honestly. And I ran into another alum ('94, I think) at the Rite-Aid. Ah, small town life. I never realized how rural this place was until I lived in an actual city--albeit a smallish one. Please, there are at least five grocery stores within two miles of my house (including a Fresh Market AND a Whole Foods--how classy!). Here, you have to drive about eight miles to get to this really tiny store that didn't even have what I needed.

Ugh, I'm so tired...

No comments: