Thursday, December 1

Welcome to the world, new baby boy! I can't wait to see you.

In other happy news, I am here in New York, having driven the whole way yesterday. I am rather proud of myself for this feat of endurance. I went a way I'd never gone before which took me through Allentown and Bethlehem and Stroudsburg and finally through twenty-five miles of the Delaware Water Gap, where I hadn't been in years. It was a great way to break up what generally becomes hundreds of miles of monotonous interstate. I felt I would need lots of distraction to keep me alert, which this route provided. I would not suggest going this way in the wintertime, though--very hilly. Plus I kept thinking that deer would come darting out of the woods. No such luck, thankfully.

I have five auditions in the next week. Looks like I'll be taking the train from Poughkeepsie this time (the parking situation in Beacon is not good). I'll actually be staying with my brother and his girlfriend (cohabitation--shocking!) tomorrow night so I don't have to schlep into the city two days in a row. I really don't know how people do this five days a week. It's really exhausting.

Last item: Mark and I are having a holiday wine and cheese party, which I finalized today on Evite. Our friend from Charlotte has already promised to come! Guess we can't back out now...

No comments: