Friday, April 28

Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I am a slackass...

Great, now if somebody Googles the word "slackass", my blog will come up. Hell, I could use some readers, I suppose.

Speaking of Googling things, I've learned of a new fun Google game: if you search "[your name] needs", all sorts of cool stuff comes up. Most of mine concerned J.Lo and Jennifer Aniston. Though I suppose most of Helen's would concern old ladies on some heart transplant list (LOL!), and Cathy's would be from some lousy Wuthering Heights term paper available for purchase by desperate eleventh-graders. Give it a shot, though.

Feeling a bit sassy today, though I am also very tired. I didn't sleep well last night (how could I, kein boo? she snickered), and my neck is really killing me today. Part of the issue is that I've decided to try taking the originally-prescribed amount of metformin (rather than the half-dose I've been taking since October). The GYN told me I could go back on the full dose if/when I wanted, so I thought I'd give it a try. My weight loss has stalled, after all. I think it's going okay, but I have been crazy lethargic since Monday. Hitting the coffee and everything. Wow, I'm like, a normal person now.

And in Lexapro news...well, Mark seems to think it's made a difference, but I'm not sure yet. The (other) doctor has me on a full 10 mg now. I really don't feel any different. It may be making me break out, though, which I definitely don't like. I had to sing this incredibly difficult trio at a gala on Saturday night, and I was slightly less anxious than usual (i.e. no nausea, but I still couldn't eat and had to dose with Imodium beforehand), but I think that was mostly because two of my good friends were there, so I was distracted and in a supportive environment.

Oh, and in audition news, my big (albeit predetermined) audition is on Sunday. Several friends will be in town for the auditions as well, so it will be a sushi night culminating in sake back at the house. I don't recall liking sake (but plum wine...yummm), but our friends gave it to us as a wedding present, with the promise that we would enjoy it together, so down the hatch we will go. I'm trying not to be nervous about the audition--hell, it's basically been a done deal since November--but I still feel the need to prove to the dear AD that I can sing the hell out of it.

Oh, and in happy news, congrats to Stacey (if she's out there) for scoring the lead in AIDA in February! You go girl! :)

No comments: