Monday, June 5

So I was on NetFlix the other day, just poking around, when I saw something that stopped me cold: Cathy has apparently given Titanic FIVE stars. What the hell?! I mean, it has its good parts--Kate Winslet, special effects, the string quartet--but didn't we discuss this at length in 1998? Leonardo DiCaprio has gone on to make better films (e.g. Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator), but Titanic, to quote Helen, "just kind of sucks." Ugh. The worst dialogue. Anyway, I was pretty much shocked to see that. You have some 'splainin to do, young lady!

If there is an Aldi near you, you must try the 2004 Landshut Riesling. This wine is fabulous, and it's only $5 a bottle! And as far as Mark and I can tell, they only sell it at Aldi. We went in yesterday to buy a few bottles (among other things)--what a zoo.

In other news, Mark is finally fulfilling his life's dream of owning a barbecue grill. We'll need to order it from Sears (long story), but hopefully by this time next week we'll be eating marinated chicken breast and zucchini skewers. Yum...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh?

Jennifer said...

It says that you gave it five stars. Is this a mistake? If so, I'm glad I called it to your attention.

Remember LeoLuv@aol.com?? :)

Anonymous said...

I think it must be... I'm pretty ambivalent about that movie. Is it on a list that says "Cathy Totally Hearts These Movies"? If so, I will have to change it!

I remember LeoLuv! Ahh, those late-90s e-mail forwards... "Scroll down and make a wish and your crush will talk 2 U!" (insert endless rows of asterisks)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look for that wine at the Aldi's near my apartment. It's only a 2 minute walk and I love the bargains.