Monday, August 28

I just made a recording to submit for a competition in October, and I think I got some good stuff. Woot woot! Now I can relax (read: make some yummy rye beer bread, get dinner started, keep working on Ellie's birthday present, drink leftover beer!).

Okay, so I am surrounded by babies and buns-in-the-oven. Two of my former castmates are expecting, and a good friend is undergoing artificial insemination treatments right now. Not to mention my sister-in-law who's due in October, plus the squishy blonde goodness that is little Suli... Back off, babies! I am not ready for you, nor are my malfunctioning ovaries. Jeez! They're like, everywhere. Mark and I have discussed, of course, and I believe this time next year we will begin negotiations (why that word came to mind I do not know). That is, unless I get to be an Adler Fellow, or something of the sort. (Babies can wait--San Francisco Opera cannot!)

Speaking of which, it's about time I start compiling the annual list of summer programs... I do so with not a little world-weariness, since I'm nearly aged out and they don't know what to do with my voice type anyway. But I will dutifully make a list, if only of the companies doing things for my fach. Money becomes an issue--the application fees average about $25 each, plus I have to take off from work. I will be very happy to be past the whole Young Artist stage of my career--and live in a place where there's more opportunity.

But on a silly--but still singing-related--note, THIS is how Phantom of the Opera oughta be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How awesome is it to know your best years as an artist are ahead of you?

Phantom of the Jedi or whatever is kind of awesome. Seriously, those blended together really well...