Thursday, August 3

The August 2006 Music Post

Since I know how you all like my music posts (like that famous one on Extreme from the fall of 2002), I have a few music-related items I must relate:

1. Ani has a new album coming out! For some reason I never bought the last one (presumably because I was unemployed at the time). I will definitely get this one.

2. Last night I had a dream that I sang backup for Fleetwood Mac. Apparently Christine McVie's voice had deteriorated to the point where she could no longer sing the upper harmonies (it was on "The Chain", specifically), so I was somehow called upon to improv said harmonies. So cool, I got to jam with Fleetwood Mac!

3. Speaking of improvised harmonies (and of Extreme, coincidentally), will Helen and I get in any bar jamming during my visit? We could pull out some Mary's Danish and kick it old-school. Hell, we could teach it to Margaret and Ellie.

4. I am now officially totally over Matchbox 20 and/or Rob Thomas. Why I even thought that dork looked at all like the other, cowboy-costumed dork I stalked in college is beyond me. His voice is annoying and hell, the band is like, Bon Jovi if Bon Jovi immediately sold out and only had one good song. (And speaking of Bon Jovi, their new song is beyond lame, verdad?) The only Rob Thomas projects I will admit to actually enjoying are the duet with Carlos Santana (which duh, sounds like Santana) and the song "Disease". So there.

5. Also, Nickelback sucks. The Great Oz has spoken!

6. Artists I'm currently into: Dido, The Pretenders, Green Day, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger

7. Further signs of the apocalypse, i.e. artists I am finally able to admit that I like: Kelly Clarkson (yes, THAT Kelly Clarkson), Counting Crows, Gavin DeGraw

1 comment:

Helen said...

Kelly Carlson is kind of catchy, and Greg has totally gotten me into the Counting Crows- they were definitely overplayed, but very good. Gavin Degraw, I don't know him...

And we all know my feelings on Bob Seger!