And here's a detail of the pattern:
The yarn is very soft and machine-washable. (Acrylic, 'cuz that's how I roll, yo--I stay away from most animal fibers because of allergies and sensitive skin. Plus why would you chance it with a baby?) It really is taking a long time because of the gauge, but it will be done well in advance of the due date.
Speaking of which, my rehearsal schedule has changed, so now it looks like I can make it to some of her shower after all. (I haven't been to one in about fifteen years--do they still do that game where you can't say the word "baby"?)
Mark and I had a relaxing dinner last night at this upscale Greek place. It was quite good (and the waiters were hottt, yes indeed), but I think I will stick with my two favorite Mediterranean places... Sometimes I just want the platter with tabbouleh and hummus, you know? Oh, and he liked the plates I bought. I daresay I will stop by there this afternoon and pick up some more. (See?! The Evil Empire is sucking me back in! But no mas after today, seriously, or else the MoveOn.org police will revoke my "bleeding-heart" card, and that would be bad.) Mark bought me some roses--very fragrant orange ones. They are lovely.
I must get ready for my trek to rehearsal, but I must add: I really like the word "ragamuffin". But only when used innocuously.
No comments:
Post a Comment