I heard "Working for the Weekend" this morning on the radio, which immediately reminded me that Todd B. christened a certain mutual acquaintance "Loverboy" based on his haircut resembling that of one of the members of the band. Which called to mind the other nicknames for this person: 1980's Character (also a Todd creation), Cowboy, Confectionery Boy. Why so many nicknames for one person? Well, I did borderline stalk him for about three years. And I hooked up with him twice, and would've slept with him that one time if he hadn't chickened out, jerk. Maybe he's been fresh in my mind lately with all the Daniel Radcliffe Equus scandal--I remember us talking about the play once, and vaguely recall him either wanting to play or having played the psychiatrist...but it's a fuzzy memory at best. I Google him from time to time, just to see if he's attained Master Thespian status--and nothing since 2000 comes up. Which means he's probably not onstage much, a shame because he was pretty good. (Or at least I thought so at the time, being under his thrall and all.) You know, I Google my freshman year boyfriend occasionally as well, and nothing at all comes up. I guess I'm just used to seeing my name come up when I Google myself (with an eponymous business website, duh)--and Mark's too, since he's responsible for daily internet content. (Featurning that old picture of him that makes him look sixteen and chubby.) Oh well...
The show premieres tomorrow night (and closes Friday night), and I think we're in good shape. There are a few phrases I really want to nitpick vocally tomorrow afternoon--it's just such difficult music to sing, I can never stop improving on it!--and I need to buy some black knee-highs to replace the ones that KEEP FALLING DOWN ONSTAGE!!, but all will be well. Have I mentioned I get to break a glass pitcher onstage? It's not difficult to act surprised every night when it shatters. (There was a problem with the set change the other night, and my friend singing Gretel unfortunately ended up with a booty full of glass when she sat on the stage. Hopefully this will not happen again.) I will not miss all the hours in the car, but I will miss being in a show. And I don't have anything else lined up right now, unfortunately. Got to get working on that!
Have I mentioned that my parents and grandparents are coming on Friday? It's a G----- Family Convoy! (I can't promise that there will be a Hoagie Supper following...there is an invite-only cast party, after all.)
By the way, one of my costars (a 6'3" 23-year old man) asked me to teach him to knit the other day. I started very basic--cable cast-on and garter stitch--and gave him some cotton yarn and size 7 needles to make himself a potholder/dishcloth. The next day he told me he'd already bought yarn and size 15 needles to make a scarf. I was so proud. Knitting is contagious!
No comments:
Post a Comment