Sunday, September 16

Still buried in work, but I needed to post my first package from my Secret Pal:



Some lovely hand-dyed alpaca, KidSilk Haze (which I have admired from afar), a massager, a cute tape measure and a Burt's Bees kit! I do feel spoiled. Thanks again, SP!

Speaking of which, with all of the out-of-town guest drama last week, I never actually got to the post office with my K1T2 package and my first package for SP. Happily, I will be able to go tomorrow. (I bought my SP her favorite candy, which would surely have melted anyway if I mailed it before yesterday--thank GOD it's finally below 85 degrees! I feel like skipping through the streets.)

And speaking of tomorrow--I will be on Jeopardy! tomorrow night! Check your local listings. I know I'm giving up a bit of my anonymity, but how often does a person get to be on national television? And thank goodness I will finally be able to talk about the experience when my episode (or episodes) finally air(s). Also, I don't know how long it will be before I receive my compensation--in addition to a check (even third place gets a little), I'll be receiving a photo taken of me with Alex (they've already given me a glass picture frame) and I believe a computer version of the home game. No word on if I get a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni, The San Francisco Treat, or if coupons for HeadOn--Apply Directly to the Forehead will be included with the package. But now that I'll be on television, I really hope Friday's recording session has some usable music--I did record last week as well, but I hadn't slept much the night before so I sounded kind of shitty. Anyway, I need to get those recordings up, in case anyone should Google my name during a commercial break or something. Ew, now I'm getting a little nervous... :)

10 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I just set my DVR box so it will record! I can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

I am SO EXCITED to see you tonight -- I'm not even sure how I'm going to make it through the work day. I e-mailed everyone who met you at the shower to remind them to watch. And by the end of the day I probably will have told several other people who have never met you at all. :)

Anonymous said...

So, gorgeous alpaca from your SP and can't wait to see you on TV tongiht!!!! Good luck (even though it's all decided by now).

Anonymous said...

Just finished watching - sooooo close!!! And for the record, my guess was $0. I never would have gotten that one either.

Anonymous said...

I agree, that was one hell of a match! And my guess on the final question was the same as yours... I was up a creek on that one, but so was everyone else!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had read this yesterday, but amazingly enough we watched part of Jeopardy! last night. I had no idea about that last question either, but you did great!

I'm glad you liked your package. =)

your secret pal

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you were on Jeopardy. I missed your show but still--way to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a yummy package you've received - enjoy everything! And wow, you're on Jeopardy, how great is that?! I would so love to see you! Anyways, congrats!!!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

ok, how is this for coincidence? I was clicking on a few links in the K1T2 exchange blog just now and found yours. I haven't watched Jeopardy in a very long time. When I came home from work on Monday, I turned the TV on, and hit HD ABC instead of NBC (I'd wanted to watch the news) It was about 7:20. I watched it for a few minutes until a phone call interrupted me. I didn't even know at the time, and not until now, that someone from blog land was on! How cool. I hope you did well! I think I remember big numbers for the ladies? when I tuned out.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wanted to let you know that I watched! Wow, what a match. I knew, um, NONE of the answers last night! I would never succeed at being on Jeopardy unless the catagories were: Things you can cook in an hour or less... How to NOT kill customers at your counter... Sponge Bob and his Pineapple... Yarn and it's many uses... You get the idea! ha ha...