Monday, December 3

I always get a cold every year around the first of December, and this year is no exception. It really hasn't been horrible, and I'm mostly through it, but it did inconveniently coincide with a Messiah performance. Luckily the cold never affected my singing voice (my speaking voice, on the other hand, is baritonal right now). But this week is very low-key for me--my plans are to fully recuperate, clean the upstairs bathroom, put away much laundry, and craft my little heart out. My charity knitting is done (though I may decide to fringe the scarves), and my Christmas knitting is done except for one or two pairs of mittens, a baby hat and some ornaments. I do have to create a new tree skirt (I destroyed Mark's mother's in the washing machine last year), but I have two yards of red fleece that will very quickly become a basic tree skirt. I guess I should embellish it, but I'll need to sew things on if I want to avoid last year's debacle. (Why I thought a forty-year-old felt tree skirt with glued-on felt and rickrack and incredibly bleedy red tassels would survive the washing machine is anyone's guess.) I may or may not be in the mood to do this.

Continuing in my total nonsequitur manner, I mailed out my last Secret Pal box on Friday. I hope she likes it! Speaking of swaps, NH Knitting Mama has linked to a new one: the Hot Cocoa Swap. Looks fun! But this time I will run it by Mark before I join. :)

In migraine-related news, the doctor wants me to switch BCPs, but I have to wait until we receive our new insurance information before it can be ordered. Wish me luck with this one.

I guess I'm still a little logy from the Actifed last night...can't think of much else to post right now. Pictures tomorrow, perhaps? I have made some yarn acquisitions, after all--some of which from a quick trip to the Outer Banks after Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Been wondering how you've been, so glad to read your post. Please feel better, okay?

Dipsy Doodle said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a bad cold lately - sending over lots of good vibes and well wishes and hope you'll feel better very, very soon - the time off crafting your heart out will do you a world of good, I'm sure about that!

kristy said...

From one migrainer to another, stay away from Topomax, it's nasty stuff, they say it helps, but it gives you a case of the "stupids" for awhile , plus some other nasty side affects. I am also a knitter and a fan of the Harlot.Kniting keeps me sane and laughing with the Stephanie helps on the bad days . I envy you with all the projects you have done, I have a long way to go, Merry Christmas and have a migraine free holiday.
kris