Monday, March 3

Frightening things I have heard about recently:

1. Prince is having hip replacement surgery. Doesn't that sound like something from The Onion?
2. This product. Jeez...

So last week I had the flu for the first time since childhood. It was awful. And a direct result of an elementary-school opera performance. I still have another month of those damn things. I really enjoy the fact that we're bringing music to kids, and the money is not bad, but (a) our audience is almost entirely under the age of eight--perhaps too young to really appreciate it; (b) being up at 5:30 so I can sing high B's at nine for aforementioned audience seems counterproductive; (c) my immune system apparently can't handle it; (d) it's seriously limited my time to work on other music, which needs to be a priority; and (e) we use a small chorus of students for each show, and I don't like working with kids--I mean, I love kids, but not strange ones that play with my props and try to come backstage while I'm changing and GIVE ME THE FLU. Verdict: never again. You can tell I'm kinda steamed about this...

Ooh, a plug: NHKnittingMama's etsy shop is great. Lovely, lovely hand-dyed yarn. Maybe for my birthday Mark will let me buy some sock yarn from her. So pretty...

Speaking of knitting news, I was somehow able to finish my cashmere Ice Queen while I was sick:



Though apparently I was not able to take a good picture of it. I have several knitting irons in the fire right now--including the Drops jacket, where I've started the first sleeve--but not anything worth mentioning yet...

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thank you for the mention! I have entered you into the contest.

I'm sorry you got the flu! It's been an awful winter for these things.