Thursday, March 13

Spending way too much time on Ravelry lately--must post to blog! Things are pretty good here. I'm gearing up for a competition in Virginia Saturday (we actually leave tomorrow at noon, since there's a rehearsal with the pianist tomorrow afternoon I was not informed of before I signed up, not that it would've changed my mind but it would've been nice to get a heads-up about it), and Sunday I'm auditioning for a dream role in my favorite opera. My speaking voice doesn't feel 100% yet, and I'm still breathing a bit high from all the coughing, but other than that the flu-associated problems are gone.

I've been working on some socks for Rebecca for her birthday:


I won't tell you how long it took to find the perfect pattern--and I'm not totally thrilled with it still, since this yarn (Nature Spun Fingering) is a bit thin for socks--but she will like it, I hope. I will finish the first sleeve on my Drops cardigan tonight, so I'll only have one sleeve, the collar and seaming to go. I've only recently learned how to mattress stitch properly, so I don't mind doing it. Yet. I do have a new picture, but it's black and boring. Once it's finished I'll have a lovely outdoor picture, I'm sure.

Another random music note: I have several different genre stations set up on Pandora, but I've been listening to one called "Nothing but Cheeze" for the past few days. I started the station with the terms Burt Bacharach, The Carpenters and Barry Manilow. I have added quite a bit since then, but no addition brings me more pleasure than Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. They are the greatest band ever! Listen to the overwrought vocals and cheesy string arrangements! It's so awesome, in the way that mustard-and-green paisley is awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! That reminds me... I'm still supposed to send you foot measurements, right?

Jennifer said...

Yes! I need your foot. :)