Once again, we have dodged a bullet with my car. My parents drove up on Sunday, and my father put in a rebuilt distributor (and associated items) for just over $300. It was pretty scary for a while there, though. We definitely need to replace the car this year, for something I know I can rely on. I spend way too much time on the highway to take any chances.
Now back to your regularly scheduled craziness. Did you know Hypercolor is back in style? Uggghhh... The Nineties nostalgia is weird. The other day I watched a little bit of VH1's "Top 100 Greatest Songs of the Nineties", or whatever (MSCL reference!!), and it was an odd experience. Lisa Loeb wearing a short velvet dress with opaque tights. Whoa. I wanted that look. (Mark still has a crush on Lisa Loeb, which is understandable because she's totally cute.)
I'm playing with the blog formatting a bit--you may have to bear with some wacky colors until I figure out what works. I know all the cool kids are using Wordpress these days, but I have been here for almost seven years, you know...
My current knitting and crocheting projects are pretty boring right now. I'm making some Sidewinders for my friend Sandra (TV knitting if I ever saw it), and the pink FrouFrou is HUGE and slow. It's crocheted all in one piece, and I am now officially done with the sleeves, back and collar. I've started the first front, which involves continuous decreasing so it should go more quickly. I just hope I like this thing, because it is BIG.
I have been trying on Wagner arias like tops at Target these days. I think I'm finally going to stick with the sustained one from Tristan und Isolde, but I really feel like Goldilocks here--two arias I've tried are a bit too low (in that I can sing them, but they don't sound right), one is too high for the moment. The "just right" aria is the one I'm already singing (from Die Walkuere), and I just wish one of the others was more similar because the tessitura is perfect. And it's all academic anyway, since the only Wagner roles I could even perform in the next five years are the little supporting parts--Valkyries and Norns, basically. Le sigh...
2 comments:
Wait, '90s *nostalgia*? Am I right in thinking "too soon," or am I just freaked out by how old we are? Maybe VH1's "I Love 2007" just proves that this cycle is getting shorter and shorter... Seriously though, 14-year-olds in micro-minis, thigh-high stockings and baby tees with pink satin hearts on them -- that like JUST happened.
Just popping in to say hello and catch up a bit on what is going on with you.
Post a Comment