* In my first week of college, I became a vegetarian in an attempt to impress a person I had just met earlier that day. He was kind of my first love, and we did date for a while, but still. Things did not end well (he could be a jerk, and I was a little high-maintenance). My "vegetarianism"--which consisted of eating lots of Gardenburgers and curly fries--lasted longer than our relationship, and he has apparently dropped off the face of the earth. It's been twelve years since I've even heard from him, and he doesn't even show up on Google. He's off the grid, an odd thing these days...
Anyway, enough nostalgia. Look at these.

The Hourglass socks are awesome and fast. Pardon the awful photo. I really wanted to go outside, but it's been 100 degrees and humid here the past few days, and I just couldn't bear it... I've also been working a bit lot on my Estonian lace stole, and am almost finished with the first lace motif. I'm going to need more yarn sooner than I thought.
My orthopedist appointment went well. Unfortunately I have to travel twenty-five miles one-way for physical therapy, and I couldn't even get an appointment for two weeks. (This insurance is aggravating!) But I am feeling better in the short-term, and have high hopes for my recovery.
This weekend we're headed to DC for our fun weekend/Mark's audition. Wish him luck! And an early congrats to Cathy and Mr. L(overman!) on their house. I wish you all the best, and am jealous!
3 comments:
Glad to hear things went well at the doctor's. I hope things get better!
Dude, what kind of weirdo doesn't show up on Google these days?? I'll tell you: unabombers, that's who! And anyway, I have college stories that are waaaay dumber than that... as you well know. :p See you soon!
I know! Cowboy doesn't show up on Google, either--I thought he was gonna be the Olivier of his generation or something! Not so much.
Those socks are awesome!
And I'll share even without the promise of a hat... Freshman year my dormmates and I decided that since everyone would be at home for New Year's Eve we would ring in February (a Saturday night). And March (a school night).
Well, we drank WAY more than we should have (considering we were 18 and shouldn't have been drinking at all), and March 1st we dragged ourselves off to class with sunglasses and orange juice. Except that the waterbottle full of orange juice in my backpack wasn't orange juice, it was fuzzy naval. And my Chem professor looked right at me (and knew about February's party) as I took the first sip (and my eyes grew about 3 sizes). He smirked and continued the lecture. Just as we passed the lecturn on our way out at the end of class, he asked how the party was.
Post a Comment