Tuesday, January 13

On Saturday we went to the inauguration of the new governor (the first female governor in state history) and other state officials. The weather was actually quite nice, and we sat in the sun so we weren't really even cold. It offered an excuse to get a picture of Mark's fakey Noro scarf.


It was absolutely hellish to work with (did I mention before? Debbie Mumm Traditions, looks pretty but it's just awful!), but look! He's actually wearing the scarf! And it looks good on him and everything.


Behold my second Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret. Mark takes better pictures of me than I take of myself. This should not surprise anyone.

Last week was kind of crappy for me, but this week is looking up. I have an audition in two weeks (for someone I've been trying to get a coaching with for a year), and it looks like I'm going to start teaching soon. My day job has been getting on my nerves lately--way more commitment than I signed up for!--and it might be nice to teach instead. It is definitely more lucrative, but I can't exactly, say, blog while I'm giving a voice lesson. Ahem. Anyway, I should have more details in a few days about that.

Oh, also, I finished my mittens! I'll have Mark take pictures for me this time.

This is going around today, so if you're lurking, de-lurk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not exactly delurking ;) but I love the scarf, and the hat photo is beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love the color on the scarf. The hat pattern is great, too! Can't wait to see the mittens!