The sellers of our future house have been total bitches--in multiple ways I'm too weary of to get into right now--and they've made us move the closing to November 2. This will cost us a bit of money, plus we'll only have the day before to drive back from my brother's wedding (and I was supposed to have a coaching in Manhattan that day, so I miss out on that, too). If it weren't for the tax credit deadline on December 1, we would have seriously considered finding another house. It's all been very stressful, and Mark and I take turns being depressed. I don't like to say I hate people, but I think I hate these people. I'm tempted to make amigurumi voodoo dolls in their likeness. Blech. I know everything will turn out fine in the end, but this is an unpleasant time. And that is why I haven't been blogging. I just don't like the bad energy.
So here's some good energy:

It's FINALLY DONE! I dropped it off (along with my Fountain Pen Shawl) at the state fair last Thursday. It is very heavy, and I hope it wins a prize. After all the experimentation with different crochet borders, I ended up doing one row of sc and three rows of dc, then steaming it just a bit to help with the curling.
Other projects: I'm wearing my Vinnlands, finished a dishcloth and an amigurumi Doctor Who character for a swap, and working hard on my Oblique cardigan to hopefully have it done in time for the wedding trip. It's a rainy day, or else I'd take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment