Monday, April 26


CIMG4558
Originally uploaded by doctorgirlfriend
Since it was so handy the last time: here's the Haruni I finished a few weeks ago. Super-fast pattern; I would've finished it in less than a week if I hadn't run out of yarn and put it on time out for a while before frogging back to omit a repeat of the main stitch pattern. I was originally going to overdye it, since the three little balls I had were three different colors, but it seemed to work out pretty well. The yarn is something I got in a trade, supposedly Cherry Tree Hill--I think it's 100% merino, and not superwash, two-ply, and I suspect it's handdyed (hence the color irregularities). The pattern is really written for beginners--lots of explanation (too much for me, really, since I just needed the charts). I really understand why this is such a popular pattern right now.

In recital news, I think we're going to be able to go with the last weekend in August--just waiting for confirmation. Yay! I worked on two of the trickier Wolf pieces in a lesson on Saturday, and everything appears to be in good shape. That, and I should be getting my contract for that November show in a few days. Good times!

No comments: