Thursday, April 22


CIMG4578
Originally uploaded by doctorgirlfriend
Just trying out the Flickr blog function... I finished the Que Sera last week sometime, and had Mark take some pictures this weekend. The pattern didn't have any shaping, so I added side panels in double moss stitch (echoing the edging). It buttons a little bit tight, but I think I can block it out more next time I wash it. (Granted, I've only been wearing it in the mornings, and in a few weeks I won't need it at all...) Overall, though, I'm quite happy, and have had lots of compliments on it.

In other news, I think I have an August recital in the works! With my regular pianist and everything! Now I just need to get that last Wolf song under my belt, and plan a duet or two, and the program will be set. I hope to confirm the date in the next few days. Of course, this makes a damn busy August and September for me (bridal shower 8/14, recital, wedding 9/18), but I'd have plenty of time in the next few months for preparations. Incidentally, I finally dragged myself over to David's Bridal to try on the bridesmaid dress...and wonder of wonders, it actually looks good on me. I only had to go up a size (predictable), and it actually fit! It's still a bit lower-cut than I'd prefer for a church wedding, but whisper I may actually wear it for the recital. Whatever I wear would have to be dry-cleaned anyway, so it won't really matter. So that was good.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Lovely photo, cute sweater, beautiful azaleas!

Re: your recital, just let us know when. I would love to be there! (North Carolina in August. THAT is how much we love you. :p)