Friday, June 18

Arrested Development started when I was in graduate school, and I didn't watch a lot of TV back then. We've been watching it on Netflix, and wonder how we could've missed out. (I think we tried to watch it once during the second season, and had no clue what was going on, so we gave up.) David Tennant may not be my type, but you know who is? Jason Bateman. Never has a child star grown up to be so adorable. (I'm looking at you, Neil Patrick Harris fans...give me a BREAK.) Incidentally, he is one of Keith Olbermann's very good friends. LOL

I haven't been sleeping well this week--this morning I woke up before dawn, and probably caught 30 minutes of sleep between when Mark left around 7:30 and when my alarm went off--so I may not be comprehensible. I know I've been struggling with this damn sweater quite a bit. The short rows are misbehaving, and I have to decrease an inordinate amount over like, six rows. Grr. In better news, we are headed to the beach in a few hours! Our friend's parents have a beachhouse, and we are spending the weekend there. I'm not a huge beach person, but right now it sounds right up our alley...

I did have a bit of drama yesterday. My car had been making some noise, which we thought might have been a suspension problem. I was on my way to work, thinking that I was going to call a shop later that morning, when suddenly something very bad and loud happened, so I pulled over (on the left-hand shoulder of the interstate, where I had been going about 70). I chanced getting out of the car to take a look, and my rear driver's side tire had a huge rip in it. Metal coming out and everything. Apparently the noise and vibrations were from the tread separating from the rest of the tire. The whole thing ended up not costing anything (at the moment)--I had a full-sized spare tire, which the AAA tow truck driver put on for me (I did not want to be run over), and the car ran fine once it was on. My father has two tires for me up in Maryland (I'll need to meet my mother halfway sometime soon to pick them up), so I'll be able to have them put on instead of having to buy two new tires. Sometimes I lead a charmed life...

No comments: