So Albuquerque. I didn't see much of it outside the convention center and the brief trip I took to Old Town to eat (YUM) and buy yarn (yes, I bought 1600 yards of purple laceweight, why do you ask?). All I know is that my hair does not like the desert...but I knew that already.
The show went extremely well. The cast was talented and well-prepared, and were nice people to boot. The conductor is a real sweetie, despite our scheduling snafus, and the director had great ideas, and was also a hoot. (At one point during a walkthrough on the set, he got on the "God mike" and said in an ominous voice, "This is your Gay God speaking...") My costume was badass. I hope to have some pictures soon. (Preview: I had antennae made of hair. Cooler than it sounds.) Other than the logistics (and the cold!) it was a really fabulous experience.
Speaking of pictures, we didn't actually take any last weekend. (We did make it to IKEA, but that is beside the point.) And where the hell did Mark put the camera?! He said it was in the suitcase, but it is so not. In the meantime, here's a picture of the socks I made for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer swap I did on Ravelry.

Firestarter by Yarnissima--but I decided not to do twisted rib up the front of the leg, because the transition looked weird. This is only the second toe-up gusseted sock I've done, and I definitely prefer it to the other one I made. That said, no reason to switch from my usual short-row heel, since they fit so well.
I'd been working on a handful of holiday presents (including Anouk for my niece), but I've since gone back to my Immense Green Shawl of Immensity...

...a hat for myself out of frogged Silk Garden (I'm trying Tarris Heeter, but I'm not sure about the striping), and that Advent calendar--which is looking cute, but is way too hard on my hands since the felt is soaking up the glue like a sponge. I shall persevere.
No comments:
Post a Comment